Our sprouts are still growing strong, but we thought we would share some yummy recipes that have us drooling to try.
We’ve been following and admiring Crunchy Radish for a while now and love their simply philosophy focusing on nutrition, wellness and good tasting food! They have taken a twist on the traditional baked potato, by using a sweet potato with, pinto beans, avocado and a lime crema sauce, seriously can it get any better?
Fully Loaded Sweet Potatoes
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 White Onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ Cups Cooked Pinto Beans, if canned then rinsed and salt free
1 TSP Cayenne Pepper
½ TBSP Cumin
2 TBSP Tomato Concentrate
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
Fresh Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. Place on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan, and roast for 60-75 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife and the inside is soft. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and stuffing.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the coconut oil in a medium sized sauté pan or dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. water to the pan and scrape any brown bits stuck to the bottom in order to deglaze.
- Stir in spices and tomato concentrate and toast for 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Once softened, stir in the beans, add a pinch of salt, and allow the flavors to meld together for 5 minutes.
- Slice each potato down the center, almost through to the bottom. Open to reveal the orange flesh. Spoon in the beans and top with selected garnishes.
½ Cup Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1 lime
Water if needed
Whisk together lime juice and yogurt. Add water, a tsp. at a time to thin, if desired.
Lastly, this veggie sandwich looks incredible. Not only are the colours rich and vibrant but also the sandwich it’s self is like giving your body a big hug of fresh produce. The recipe and photos are shared from “I Am a Food Blog” and of course any substitutions can be made based on diet and allergies.
The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich Recipe
Makes 1 sandwich
2 Slices of Bread, your choice
Mayo and Mustard, to taste
6 Leaves of Romaine lettuce
1 Small Carrot
½ Small Cucumber
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/8 Head Red Cabbage
Handful of sprouts
3 Slices Tomato
Thin Slices of red onion
- Start off by prepping your vegetables. Trim the lettuce leaves to the size of your bread. Julienne or shred the carrot, thinly slice the cucumber and cabbage. Pit and peel the avocado and thickly slice.
- Toast the bread and let cool (so it doesn’t get soggy).
- Spread on mayo and mustard to taste and build your sandwich: 1/2 of the lettuce leaves, carrots, cucumber, salt and pepper, cabbage, avocado, sprouts, tomato, onion, then the remaining lettuce and top slice of bread. Wrap tightly in parchment paper or wax paper and slice in half.
Enjoy immediately! What a beautiful spin on the boring sandwich, Thanks I am a Food Blog for sharing these beautiful photos and recipe.
Do you have any sprout recipes to share? Comment below