At Abeego we strive to be where logic and inspiration meet. Our Keep Food Alive mandate drives us forward in every step. It’s so much more than breathable beeswax food wrap - we are the lifestyle brand for the living breathing kitchen. When you step into the Abeego Hive you’ll smell the beeswax and see a small and mighty team of people doing incredible things.
Headquartered in Victoria, BC, Abeego reaches thousands of customers worldwide. We have a lot of fun trailblazing a category we created. Join us on this journey and help us Keep Food Alive.
Are you passionate about building and nurturing relationships? Abeego is looking for a Growth Lead with a solid sales and marketing background to nurture our existing retailers and build new retailer relationships.
Reporting to the COO and working with the CEO, the Growth Lead is responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of sales strategies, plans and targets for our B2B and B2D verticals. As the Growth Lead, you’re the force behind driving distribution and sales with enthusiasm and passion for the company’s purpose, mission, and values. You’re well versed with scaling brands and spend your time effectively to deliver new revenue and build brand awareness. You love presenting to new retailers and distribution partners and their sales teams in order to grow the Abeego brand in Canada, US, and Internationally.
What We Are Looking For
At Abeego, we invest in our culture because we believe that culture eats strategy that’s why we’re taking the time to build the right team. The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience related to these key deliverables:
- Generate and execute sales strategies that align with Abeego’s goals
- Experience with scaling brands in Canada, the US, and Internationally
- Trade Show strategy and execution experience
- Knowledge of Natural Food & Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Build scalable sales processes for a growing organization
In order to support those key deliverables and thrive at Abeego, we’re looking for these characteristics as well:
- Proven Ability to Work Collaboratively - you know how to get the best out of people and believe that “no one can whistle a symphony”.
- Strong Pace - people often wonder how you manage to get it all done. The secret is that you have a strong internal sense of urgency.
- Excellent Initiative - Your professional motto: “it’s not just about doing the job, it’s about doing the job to the best of my ability.”
- Meticulous Attention - details matter to you but you understand how not to lose the forest for the trees.
- Curious about Food & Health - you love and value good food and appreciate the relationship food has in our lives and the knowledge that comes with that.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Sales / Marketing
- 2+ years direct CGP experience
- Proven track record with growing B2B / B2D channels for new products
- Strong organization & communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, build, measure and deliver against sales forecasts
- Naturally calm under pressure, adaptable, friendly, persuasive, and open to feedback
- Highly proficient in cloud-based office tools (CRM software, GSuite, and Dropbox)
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally and have a valid drivers license
- Entrepreneurial spirit comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment
Abeego is not just about the traditional experience so if you feel like you are a good fit but don’t hit the mark, reach out and tell us why!
How to Apply
Here’s how to apply. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- In under 150 words, what does Keep Food Alive mean to you?
- Provide an example of an email you would send to a new retailer
We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Thank you for your desire to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you.