**Due to the nature of our growing operation, we're always accepting applications for Production Techs. While positions are not always immediately available, we encourage you to submit an application as our demands are ever changing.**
Forget fresh. Keep Food Alive! We're on a mission to end food waste and approach food with the life-giving reverence it deserves. We’re looking for an energetic team-orientated Production Tech who can support our Brand Promise to Save the Day and be a part of our positive and respectful team culture at our sunny Rock Bay studio.
WHAT YOUR DAY AT THE HIVE LOOKS LIKE
When you step into the Abeego Hive you’ll smell the beeswax and see an upbeat and collaborative team of people making a variety of our beeswax products with detail and speed. Your day would start by checking in with the production lead and moving into one of the various production stations. The majority of your shift will be spent between two or three stations with breaks for tidying, counting, allocating and documenting. This position is very detail-oriented and requires set periods of repetitive tasks.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: Regular 8-hour shifts, Monday through Friday between 12-8pm
- Starting at: $17/hour and moving to $20.50 after a successful 3-month probation period. This is a living wage as set by Living Wage Canada, www.livingwagecanada.ca
- Health Benefits: Available after the 3-month probationary period is completed
- Other Benefits: 5 paid personal days per year after the 3-month probationary period is completed
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication: enjoys listening and smiling, and has a good command of the English language (spoken & written)
- Team player: demonstrates a positive and professional attitude in a team setting
- Manual dexterity: the ability to coordinate hand/eye movements focusing on small details
- Physical stamina: can stand for long periods of time and routinely lift 20-kg boxes
- Focus: mental acuity to perform repetitive tasks and operate hot wax equipment
- Tempo: mental and physical determination to maintain a quick pace for extended periods of time
- Experience in production environments
High comfort level with machinery
Make a difference and join us on our journey to Keep Food Alive.
Abeego is not simply about the traditional experience so if you feel you're a good fit yet don’t hit the mark, reach out and tell us more! Think you’re our next Abeego Production Tech? Tell us why and email your resume to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview opportunities.